Choosing the perfect bathroom and kitchen fitting is an important part of home interior. But it’s never easy to find out the perfect one as because there are lots of options and choices available in every leading hardware store in UK, therefore, it is difficult to find any one.
To help our readers in such a situation, we have prepared a tap buying tips list and we hope it will help you all deciding your bath and kitchen fitting.
Check Water Pressure
Before choosing your tap, you must check the water pressure at your place. Usually most taps work well in standard water pressure but the shower mixer taps need better pressure to perform well. In case, you are not sure enough, you can contact your local water supply authority, if not a plumber near you.
Deciding On a Style
It’s simple to choose a style. There’s a simple rule – choose smaller taps for small basins and larger taps for bigger bathroom or kitchen fixtures. From contemporary to traditional – all styles and all finishing are available in any leading hardware store in Bradford. Find out the most popular types of kitchen and bath fittings here-
This fitting is best suited to two-hole baths, basins and kitchen sinks. The pillar style basin includes a pair of taps, for hot water and cold water respectively. These basin fittings are cheap, easy to fit and go with traditional cross head or lever handles. Taps are also easy for gripping – best use for elderly people.
Types of Taps
- Mixer: This single-body tap mixes hot and cold water within the body. Two handles in either side of the tap manage the water flow, and it helps in regulating temperature and avoids burns.
Note: Mixer taps requires relatively high pressure to work well. So, check your water pressure before buying mixer taps.
- Dual Flow: Dual flow taps provide single stream of water just as mixer taps. But the benefit of dual flow tap is that it keeps the hot and cold water flows separate within the body of the tap and avoiding the checks unequal pressure between the hot and cold water supply.
- Monobloc: Monobloc taps are very neat and easier to use as it has only one lever and controls the hot and cold flow through one mixer tap.
Note: Monobloc fixture only works if the pressure in the hot and cold water supplies is almost equal. So, check before you go for the fitting.
- Shower Mixer: The mixer sets supply water to a showerhead fitting into the tap. These mixers sets are great-value over-bath shower tap as it doesn’t require any extra plumbing or a shower pump.
- Pull-Out Spray Mixer: Resembling the shower mixer, pull-out spray mixer include an extendable hose. This is perfect for kitchen taps.
Choosing the Finish
Choosing style is not enough to match your kitchen or bath fittings. Choosing a proper finish of the fitting is also important. Get different types of tap finish at any leading hardware store in UK.
- Brass Taps: This is a traditional Victorian and country theme fittings that have a warm, appealing look.
- Shiny Chrome: This is very lustrous choice, but difficult to keep it spotless.
Note: If your bathroom is used more by children than adults, this may not be right for you.
Other than these two popular products, in any hardware store in Bradford, there are brushed, satin, matte finishes that offer sleek modern looks to bath and kitchen.
Fitting Tap Options
There are two ways to fit taps in kitchen and bathroom. One is the usual approach that is to mount taps on sink or bath, and the other one is what offers a modern look. In this modern fitting style, taps can be placed behind the fixtures and it gives a fresh, organized look. If any kind of product enquiry you may contact diybradford.co.uk, a leading boiler shop in Bradford or you may also contact them by Facebook and twitter.